Friday, February 15, 2008

American Idol and Lost - spoilers ahoy!

American Idol
The only thing that I really don't like about the process of picking the final 24 is that there are what, four that we've never even heard sing? We've just had glimpses of them. Those four would be Jason Castro, Luke Menard, Garrett Haley, and Jason Yeager. Will the fact that they got no screen time hurt them starting next week? Who knows; only Wednesday will tell. I want to trust Simon, Paula, and Randy, but who knows if those four can even really sing. And why are they all guys? I mean, why not have a few unknown women to even it out?

Anyway, with everyone that I've seen, the talent seems pretty decent. No one's had one of those performances where you just know who the top five are going to be. There are people who you know will be decent, but no one just shook me up with their singing. I'm willing to put my money though, on Amanda Overmyer and Asia'h Epperson. For guys I think I'd go with David Archuleta and the gorgeous hottie Aussie Michael Johns. So hot. That doesn't mean that I don't like other people. I like Kristy Lee Cook okay, but she sang Amazing Grace twice. It would have been nice to hear her branch out and not try to stay safe, and I'm actually surprised that Simon didn't say something about that. Unless I missed it. I also really like Carly Smithson. She's cute and cheeky, but I don't think she's finalist material. I do think she'll get far, just not all the way to the top.

I really, really like Ramiele Malubay and I think she'll probably be the one to shine about midway through. It could go either way with Kady Malloy, and I say that because I'm afraid she'll never sing like herself, which was something the judges had to keep asking her to do during her first audition. But then again, she could really find herself and break through as well.

Last year, with the Sanjaya mess and wishing week after week that he would just go home already, I've been trying to pick out who the possible 'Sanjaya' is of this competition. (Admit it, you're doing it too.)

At first I thought it was going to be the disaster that was Josiah. And I have to admit, I probably wouldn't have watched the season had he been let through. What was with him, anyway? Did his parents actually kick him out, or did he just leave to go live in his car? And if he did the latter, stop crying and go home, dude. You aren't British, and you aren't Madonna. Stop talking like that. I listen to a lot of British influences, but I don't talk like I'm trying to impress the Queen. ANYWAY, my prediction for Sanjaya is Danny. Danny Noriega. When I first saw him, I thought he was a teenage girl and he can sing okay, but Sanjaya didn't do badly at first either.

Notice there are some people that didn't even get a mention. Like the rocker chick who can only sing Janis Joplin - I don't think she can do anything else, let alone something soft.

What do you guys think? And do you have a top 12 list yet?


Lost
Alright. Now, LOST. During which I was mostly just that. Also, I forgot to DVR it so I can't go back and check myself fact wise, so feel free to point something out just in case I mess it up.


Anyone else totally think "Wow, it's like Mr. and Mrs. Smith if Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt didn't really love each other"? Poor Sayid; he just keeps falling for the blondes that are going to eventually end up dead. Although, what happened to the 'love of his life'? Did he just give up on her? I guess 100 days on an island makes you forget about all that other silly, trivial stuff from your days as a torturer. In the future, Sayid is working as an assassin for Ben. So, Ben got off the island? The final six can't include Ben, I refuse to believe that. So, my thinking now is that the Oceanic Six only include people who were actually on the plane when it crashed. Meaning other people (like Juliet and obviously Ben) do leave the island but aren't counted in the final tally because they're natives. Was Ben always a doctor though? Did I miss something? Since when did he become qualified enough to remove a bullet? I guess about the same time he became qualified enough to run an animal hospital?

I don't even really know what to say or where to go from here. I have a lot of questions that everyone else has already asked. Who is The Economist? It's the man that Sayid was supposed to kill, probably, but why? Is it Penny's father? Possibly?

And where is she, by the way? I had assumed she was close, but maybe not. Especially with the way it seems time moves different on the island versus off. Are we looking at some sort of time warp? An alternate universe? I'm so confused that I can't even get my thoughts down right, which is really bad for a television reviewer.

Okay, so, let's go to something different. How about Hurley tricking the other Losties? How heartbroken was I? Actually, I'd never really loved Hurley the way that everyone else did, and I was shocked - SHOCKED when he turned out to be working with Locke. Could this be why Hurley apologized to Jack in the flash forward?

So then, Sawyer takes Kate hostage and why didn't they just have sex right then and get it over with? I mean come on. And I like the idea of Kate and Sawyer but really, there are more important things. Like Sawyer's question of "Why do you want to get off this island so damn bad?" Why does she? Theoretically, shouldn't she be going to jail if she leaves the island? I did appreciate Sawyer putting his heart on the line, as much as he can do that, and now it looks like she's choosing him over Jack. Cue Jack's tears! Just kidding, he didn't cry at all, which actually shocked me.

We knew that Ben did a lot of traveling back and forth from the island to the real world, but how deep does that go? He had a drawer full of passports and foreign currency. Does he speak like, 10 different languages? What the hell does he do? I guess he could actually be running that Mittelos Biosciences place, but why wouldn't that be in one central location? Why would that require a drawer full of passports?

I need to do some research, specifically regarding the time and what those times could possibly mean. (I love research, it's sick.)

The last thing I want to mention is the bracelet Naomi was wearing and how it looked just like the one Elsa wore. And let's not forget the inscription.

There are a lot of other things I want to touch on, but unfortunately, my time here is cut short. Maybe if you guys have theories and questions, leave them here?

Who is R.C. by the way? Regina the freighter chick?

Until next time!

No comments: