Thursday, February 5, 2009

uhhh whoops

I say it's time for a new post, how about you? I can't believe that I haven't updated in so long, time honestly did get away from me. What with LOST and Battlestar Galactica both coming back, I've been sucked into some weird alternate universe where the only thing that exists is a continuous loop of those two shows with 30 Rock sometimes mixed in.

Speaking of 30 Rock, congratulations for sweeping the awards! From Alex Baldwin to Tina Fey, my belated congratulations goes out to you. And also to Mad Men! Although, Jon Hamm, what was up with your hair on award night?

In other television news, Amy Poehler's new NBC show finally has a name. Parks and Recreation will be debuting...well, we don't know when yet, exactly. What we do know is that it is in the same vein as The Office, only it is 100% totally NOT a spin off. It will take place in Indiana of all states (I didn't know that state was known for its sprawling parks) and will also star Rashida Jones and Aziz Ansari. (His character was recently fired from Sacred Heart on Scrubs.) Read more about the upcoming show and see some previews right over here.

Apparently LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell (what a pairing) will be starring in a NCIS spin-off that is as of right now untitled. It looks like NCIS is joining the ranks of Law and Order and CSI with it's number of spin-offs. And really, LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell? I just can't even imagine what that will be like. I'm hoping lots of sideways glances and LL saying cool things like 'TAKE ME BACK TO THE GHETTO' every other sentence. Read more about this here.

While I've never watched the show, HBO's Big Love did get a confirmed renewal. So yaaay polygamy! Renewal info is here.

BOB SAGET! He's back! No, not in a Full House reunion which is what everyone wants, let's face it. He's returning to the small screen to play a suburban dad. Wait a minute...I thought this wasn't a Full House reunion? Oh well CW, you may have just lost out on a show that could help your ratings on Sunday nights. Your loss! Read more about the show here.

That's all I have for you kids today, but before I go, how totally awesome is the feud between Etta James and Beyonce? Honestly, one of them is old enough to know better and the other should retire and give up singing. You guess who should do what in the comments!

No comments: